Title Assessment of students learning
What you will learn
Welcome to Student assessment
2.0 Course (3 Units)
Concepts, and principles: measurement, testing, assessment, and evaluation: reliability, validity, content process and outcome of evaluation; practicability; non- criterion reference evaluation, fidelity,
Purpose of assessment:
Tests for assessing the cognitive domains: essays, short- answer questions- SAQ, modified essay questions(MEQ), multiple choice questions(MCQ) completion items, filling in the gaps, patient management problems, viva voce, clinical practical examinations, matching items, true- false sequential management problems, computer simulation; portable patient problem pack(4p), simulated patients models.
Interpret test results: collating and presentations of results, interpretation of results mean, mode standard deviation and analysis. Designing tests characteristics, critical reasoning and technical skills, self-directed learning and interpersonal skills. Develop and present tests
- Explain the concepts and principles of assessment
- Analyse the purpose of assessing students’ performance
- Design the instruments tests/methods for assessing cognitive domain.
- Develop various tests for cognitive and performance domains
- interpret and draw conclusions on tests scores in relation to the
- Design and develop tools for evaluating students learning
- Evaluate students learning of cognitive, psychomotor and affective learning.